Wednesday 28 August 2013

Grease is the word!

Finally, it was forever ago that this night was planned and paid for...it is finally here. I am off to see Grease at the theatre tonight with a bunch of girlfriends, we are grabbing something to eat first. I am looking forward to the show, but more importantly I am looking forward to some adult interaction and kid free time. Plus I love a good excuse to get dressed up and put on some make-up. Also why is it that when you need to get a decent sleep for the following day (that day being today), you undoubtedly end up having the crappiest sleep ever. My daughter was incredibly unsettled last night and woke ALOT! I'm so tired today and I have a big night ahead of me, typical.

The mammoth task of packing for our Melbourne trip has started, it only dawned on me last night that there is a weight restriction. I was just worried about fitting it all in and now I'm worried about how I'm going to keep it within the weight limit, I might have to get creative with how I distribute the weight and use carry-on for some of it. It's because I'm cheap and only pay for one suitcase, this is the first time packing for four in one suitcase though (tis a big ass suitcase though), fingers crossed if we are a little over they will let us get away with it.

I am not looking forward to the actual morning of the flight, it will be an early start and we will have to wake the kids up. We are staying at my mother-in-laws the night before and she is going to drop us at the airport, she's a gem. I assume that again because I will need to get some sleep for the early start that it will be a crappy sleep. It will all be worth it though, can't wait to catch up with everybody. I'm excited for my daughter's first trip, her brother had his first trip to Melbourne just before his 1st birthday.

Fingers crossed for me that it all goes off without a hitch. Here's to making family memories.

Till next time xo

No comments:

Post a Comment