Friday 2 August 2013

Uh Oh

It would seem as though my sickness has made its way to the kiddi winks. My daughter is equal parts congested and runny nosed and just a little out of sorts. I have no other explanation for why she was up pretty much every hour last night. A very large coffee was required first thing this morning, followed by another this afternoon.

My son has also been snotty all week and had a cough off and on last night, he seemed fine this morning. The first suspicion I had was when I sent him to his room for time out for doing something to his sister and went to check on him mere minutes later and he was asleep. Once he woke up he had a high temperature (through feel alone, he would not let me near him with a thermometer), plus he was flushed and told me he was 'too warm'...as well as upset and wanting 'mummy cuddles'.

Also why is it that when children aren't sick they would happily have medicine but when they need it they refuse to take it. FYI it is not fun having to force your toddler to take medicine, you gotta do what you gotta do to get the temperature down though. It is also immediately obvious once it kicks in, they become their usual selves...a complete 180 from how they were an hour before.

It has put a slight spanner in the works for tomorrow night's plans. It is my brother-in-laws 40th birthday party tomorrow night. I had lined up my mother-in-law to babysit the kids, but there is no way I feel comfortable leaving someone else to watch them when they are not well. Since it is my sister's husband I have nominated hubby to stay home with the kids and I will go solo. I probably won't stay as long now because I am still not 100% myself and I don't want to be away from the kids too long when they are unwell.

One small positive of being sick is that I am now a kilo under pre-pregnancy weight! I won't jump for joy too much though as I'm not confident that it will stay that way.

Till next time xo

No comments:

Post a Comment