Wednesday 21 August 2013

The Town Bike Slice

In the same vein of slutty brownies I bring you 'Town Bike Slice', alas it is not my own creation...I got the recipe from a brilliant website called 'Stay at Home Mum'. It is an aussie website filled with lots of goodies and an abundance of recipes. As you will see, this one caught my eye...I have a sweet tooth. Here is the link:
http://www.stayathomemum.com.au/recipes/biscuits-slices/the-town-bike-slice/

You will need-

Ingredients:

1 cup chocolate bits
1 cup dessicated coconut
1 cup nuts
1 cup of rice bubbles or coco pops
1 x 395ml can condensed milk

Utensils:

Baking Tray
Baking Paper
Measuring Cups

Method:

Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees celsius, line your tray with baking paper.


Pour in the chocolate bits and spread evenly. Add the coconut, spread evenly. Followed by the nuts, rice bubbles and finally the condensed milk. *no mixing required, just layer each ingredient evenly.


This is the before and after baking in the oven.

Here is the finished product!


My verdict:

Even with my love of sweet things, I find this just a tad too sweet even for me.  It is decadent and sinful, definitely a 'treat' to be eaten very sparingly. I don't want the temptation in my fridge so I think I might package some up to take to kindy tomorrow (for the carers, not the kids!). If you are a lover of all things sweet (besides, maybe your sweet tooth is sweeter than my own), it is worth a try. I take no responsibility if you polish off too much and put on a couple of pounds ;)

Also you could play around with the ingredients and chuck in a few different things (add more layers to your hearts content), let your imagination run wild.

Enjoy!

Till next time xo


No comments:

Post a Comment