Tuesday, 21 May 2013

Moving does a body good...

After all the running around & lifting heavy boxes and what not, I was pleasantly suprised when I weighed in on Monday morning. Especially seeing as we had eaten nothing but take-away in the week leading up to moving day. I am down to 67.5kg, some of you may remember my husband & his incentive (a 'new' family car when I reach my goal of 60kg)...I'm pretty happy with how far I've come so far, when I accepted his challenge I was just over 73kg. My next mini goal for myself is to get back to my pre-pregnancy weight of 66.6kg. 

The move itself went as well as a move can go, it was a long and exhausting day but I'm glad it's behind us. I didn't realise just how much stuff we actually had, and how little storage the new place has. I'm going to have to get creative with figuring out where to put everything & do an even more critical cull (despite my hoarder like tendencies) ;) I'm going pretty well with the unpacking thus far, there is one room that is my dumping ground for all things that I don't know where to put it yet that is a bit if a bomb site (thankfully for now I can just close the door on it). I'm also a bit of a control freak when it comes to unpacking & setting up the house, hubby isn't allowed to do much as he just wouldn't do things how I would like them, ha ha. 

So my son went in to his big boy bed as of Saturday night, it went surprisingly well. He wasn't overly fussed about the bed but just didn't want to go to bed/sleep in general (what's new). Once he was in bed he stayed there & slept all night, result! He has been good for his overnight sleeps but yesterday was the first time I'd tried to put him down for a day sleep & it was a massive fail. He just kept coming out & I gave up in the end as I had to go & return the keys for our old place. However, because he was so tired he fell asleep in the car on the way home & I was able to successfully transfer him to his bed (where he then slept for 2hrs, huzzah).

I have started my daughter off in the cot for her day sleeps & the evening until she wakes once I go to bed, then I have been bringing her in with me because a) it's too cold to be getting out of bed & b) she wakes far too much for me to be getting out of my warm toasty goodness. I will bite the bullet eventually & just suck it up but for now what little sleep I do get is precious. 

Right well that will have to do for now as more unpacking awaits me.

Till next time xo

No comments:

Post a Comment