Sunday 12 May 2013

Happy Mothers Day!

Just want to wish all the other lovely mums out there a Happy Mothers Day. I hope you all have a special day filled with love and laughter.

Yesterday was a very glutinous day, we had a decadent lunch for my brother-in-laws 40th Birthday. We also had plans for a special dinner out at a lovely restaurant that same night (which was booked way before we knew about lunch plans). It was my first time meeting a friend that my husband had made through work and his girlfriend. It can always be a bit nerve wracking going out with another couple for the first time. Is there going to be awkward silences, will we have much in common/to talk about? I am happy to report back that we got along famously, it was quite comfortable right from the start and the conversation flowed easily.

They also mentioned going out again, for drinks at a bar etc. I would love to but it is so very hard since I am breastfeeding. We don't get out all that often any more and hearing them talk about their social life (which was rather active) made me just a little envious. It's not that I want to go out and get smashed (I can not even begin to imagine the level of hell it must be to look after kids when you are hungover), I would just like to have the whole night off without worrying about having to race home to the kids. I think it will be easier once I have stopped feeding my daughter but that isn't going to be any time soon.

I was aware of the sacrifices we would have to make once we decided to start our family and I am more than happy to do that. I was willing to stop being selfish and putting my needs first and make it all about the kids. They give me more joy and love on a daily basis that is better than any night out on the tiles could ever be. It's days like today that make me sit back and appreciate how truly blessed I am in life with my gorgeous family. I have a husband who loves me and is the best father to our two beautiful and healthy children, how lucky am I?

I also have to take a moment to give thanks to my own beautiful mum who is looking down upon us from heaven. I love and miss you more than you know and I am grateful to have you watching over us.

Till next time xo

No comments:

Post a Comment