Monday 1 July 2013

Baby it's cold outside...

We are having some very miserable and wintry weather here on the GC, it's currently raining/overcast and freakin' cold outside. The perfect day for snuggling up on the couch and watching a movie, not that there is a chance in hell that I will actually be able to do that.

I can't believe it's the first of a month and a Monday, that is the holy grail of fresh starts and clean slates as far as being good. The only problem is I have a fridge full of leftovers from a BBQ we hosted yesterday (including delicious potato bake) that I am more pained to throw out rather than just not eat it. Am I the only one that likes to start 'being good' on a Monday? It is even better if it is the start of a month, not that it ever lasts. I haven't been all that motivated of late and have been having lots of naughty treats (tsk tsk), I just don't care at the moment. I am fairly happy with the way I look and sure it could be better but I'm doing ok. I think we are all our own worst critics and sometimes we need to just give ourselves a break.

Is it just me or is this year just flying by? My daughter is almost 7 months, it feels like in a blink of an eye she will be 1. I'm sure it wasn't all that long ago that she was born, I'm feeling a bit guilty that time is racing by and I don't feel like I have really stopped and taken the time to appreciate it and take it all in. It is so much harder with number two to dedicate as much time and attention as you did your first. I love them both to bits but there are days when the two of them combined take turns in sending me loopy. I wouldn't change it for the world though, the love you have for your children is unlike anything else.

Only a couple of months till our Melbourne trip, it's slowing getting closer...so excited. Hubby is actually in Melbourne for work later this week, Thursday to Saturday morning. I think I can manage a couple of nights on my own (hats off to the mothers who's partners are away for long periods of time, I don't know how you do it. I am even more awe filled by the single mother's out there...you ladies rock). We will miss him though...

Unfortunately there are dishes calling me...boo hiss.

Till next time xo

No comments:

Post a Comment