Tuesday 16 July 2013

Easy Peasy Banana Loaf

As promised (better late than never), here is my post sharing the deliciousness that is

Easy Peasy Banana Loaf



First of all you will need the following ingredients -

3-4 Ripe Bananas (it really depends how big they are as to how many you need)
1/3 cup of melted butter (or 100g)
1 cup of caster sugar (or white sugar works if you don't have caster)
1 egg (slightly beaten, with a fork)
1 tsp of vanilla essence
1 tsp of baking soda
pinch of salt (I only put a small pinch as I swear you can taste the salt if you do a decent pinch)
1 1/2 cups of plain flour

You will need the following supplies -

Mixing Bowl
Measuring Cups
Measuring Spoons
Wooden Spoon
Sifter
Loaf Tin
Fork

Pre-heat the oven to 190 degrees. 
Mash the banana with a fork until a fairly mushy consistency, I don't like it too lumpy so I give it a good mashing. 


Add the sugar, melted butter, vanilla essence and pinch of salt and mix together with the banana.


Sift in flour to the banana mixture, I add the flour gradually and mix as I go. It is fairly runny prior to adding the flour but thickens nicely once the flour is added, see above pic.


Once all ingredients are mixed together, pour in to a buttered loaf tin and pop in to the oven. I cooked mine for 45 mins (everyone's ovens are different so it is best to keep an eye on things from around the 30 min mark). Use a skewer (or in my case, a pointy chopstick...ha) to check if it is cooked, if the skewer comes out clean then it is ready to come out of the oven.

Leave it in the tin for around 5-10 mins to allow it to cool down before attempting to remove it. Once removed, place on to cooling rack to cool further (or on to a plate). I am too lazy to bother making icing most of the time but for those of you that prefer to add icing, here is a link to a delicious lemon cream cheese icing recipe.

http://www.bestrecipes.com.au/recipe/cream-cheese-icing-L9478.html


VoilĂ ! There you have it, I like to have mine with butter when it is still nice and warm...goes great with a cuppa. It is delicious toasted as well! Hopefully you have found this easy enough to follow and will go on to make your own, I hope you enjoy it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment