Sunday 8 December 2013

Party done and dusted

Well, it's official...I now have a big one year old. She is still my baby though, I said to my husband last night that it felt like it wasn't that long ago that we brought her home from the hospital. Time flies when you're having fun, ha...it has its moments but it's hard to imagine what life was like before her.

My sisters took the kids for the day for me on Friday so I could get my bake on, I made cupcakes, rice bubble slice, the cake, and mini quiches. I also made fruit salad cups and my sisters helped make assorted sandwiches on the day (plus all the store bought food), I think I made more for my son's first birthday and it was exhausting (it still was this time but instead of rolling in to bed at midnight the night before it was 10pm so I'm making progress). I was too swamped running errands and cooking to do a post on the cupcakes, but believe you me...they will be made again, so I will get to that at some stage. Here are a few pics of the finished product and the cake.




It was a good day but my poor poppet was out of sorts and not her usual active self, I think she may be coming down with something. It comes and goes though, she perked up later in the afternoon (once the party had finished of course). It was a good day celebrating with family and close friends, she is lucky and loved.

Now the count down is on till Christmas, just over 2 weeks to go and I'm still yet to shop for the extended family...our kids are sorted but I still keep thinking they need more, can't help it. Hubby reigns me in and reminds me that we are also getting them a trampoline, which I keep forgetting about. I really need to pull finger and start buying everyone else's gifts, every time I go looking I always end up looking at stuff for our family...ha, shocker.

So what is everyone doing for the big day? We have breakfast with my sister's and family and then a late lunch/dinner with hubby's family. It is a long day for the kids so I'm not sure what time we will end up coming home. Then we have a boxing day BBQ over at our friends place the next day, I love the silly season. I am a social person by nature so I really enjoy all the catching up with friends and family at this time of year.

Speaking of being social, hubby and I are off to the Muse concert this week with a couple of friends. I am looking forward to it but I'm also a little nervous as it will be the first time my kids have had a sleepover at anyone's house ever. My sister will be having them, I'm sure she'll cope just fine (she has 5 of her own, mostly grown...not little ones like mine, ha...could you imagine!) I just hope my kids behave and don't get upset and want to go home. It is just going to be too late by the time we get back from Brissy to be able to collect them, I'm sure they will have lots of fun...I should stress less.

Also after reviewing photos of the party I am starting to think the new year can't come soon enough...getting a little bit of pud on. Not that it has stopped me from eating all the leftover party food, sigh...I am a shocker. It's crazy trying to be good  at this time of year though, right? I will just have to work extra hard to undo the extra damage I am doing this month.

Anyway I am so incredibly tired, I might retire to bed early tonight.

Hope everyone had a cracking weekend :)

K xo

No comments:

Post a Comment