Friday 20 December 2013

Crack Cupcakes

Ok I have been meaning to share this recipe with you all for ages, I finally got around to taking all the pics the last batch I just made. They are just your basic vanilla cupcakes but they are super tasty and oh so more'ish. 


You will need -



Ingredients*:

125g unsalted butter (slightly more than 1 stick of butter)
1 cup of caster sugar (I used white sugar and it was fine)
3 eggs
1 tsp of vanilla essence (or vanilla extract)
1 1/2 cups of plain (all purpose) flour
1 tsp of baking powder
3/4 cup of milk (185mL)

*This is supposed to do 12 muffin size or 24 cupcake size, I find when I fill the cupcake patties 3/4 as required, I only get 12-14 out of this. 

(Plus icing & what have you to decorate, I made a cream cheese icing that is super easy and delicious. 1 packet of cream cheese (250g), 1 cup of icing sugar and 1 tsp of vanilla essence mixed together. That will be more than enough for 12 cupcakes, double for a batch of 24 but there may be leftovers.)

Utensils:

Muffin Tray (or in this instance, cupcakes) ;)
Electric Beater
Measuring Spoons
Measuring Cup
Mixing Bowl
Sifter
Wooden Spoon
regular ol' spoon for putting mixture in to patties

Method:

Pre-heat oven to 180C (approx 350F), place cupcake patties in tray/s.

Using an electric mixer, beat the butter until creamy. Add sugar one third at a time, beating well between each addition. Add the eggs one at a time, beat well between additions, add vanilla essence and beat until combined.



Sift flour and baking powder and add half to the butter mixture, mix to combine. Add half of the milk, mix to combine. Repeat with remaining flour and milk.



Fill cupcake patties 3/4 full, Bake for 15-20 mins or until a skewer comes out clean. Allow to cool completely before decorating.



Enjoy the fruits of your labour, try not to eat too many...ha. Tis' the season for over indulging so why the hell not ;)



Here is a photo of my little 'cheat' Christmas Puddings, they were yummy. If there is any interest I will share the recipe, I won't do a tute for it though as if I make them again I will gain 5lbs!



Only 5 more sleeps till old Saint Nick visits, I hope you've all been good boys and girls. I will settle for getting a full nights sleep, ha.



Happy Holidays to you and yours.

 photo blogpostsignature_zps2599dc0e.png

No comments:

Post a Comment