Friday, 13 September 2013

Best Ever Brownies

It's been awhile since I did one of these, I was craving something sweet and there was nothing in the house...so voilà.

This recipe really is super simple and quick to make, it was shared with me way back when by one of my girlfriends and I never looked back. I also love that the recipe is basic but you can add some extras to it if you like.

Here is the link for the original recipe-
http://www.bestrecipes.com.au/recipe/best-ever-brownies-L1156.html

You will need:

Ingredients -

150g of butter
1 cup of brown sugar, firmly packed (eh...I don't bother packing it in tight)
2 eggs
1/2 cup of plain flour
1/2 cup of cocoa

I also added a cup of milk chocolate bits to mine, you could also try it with white choc bits, chopped nuts, coconut...get creative.

Utensils -

Mixing Bowl
Measuring Cups
Electric Beaters (or you can do it by hand if you don't have any)
Wooden Spoon
Baking Tray
Baking Paper
Sifter

Method -

Pre-heat oven to 160 degrees celsius. Line your baking tray with baking paper, I rub butter on mine first so that the baking paper sticks in place.






Cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. 
Add eggs one at a time on low speed. 

Mix through the flour and the cocoa. 
Pour in to baking tray and cook for about 25 -30 mins. 


This would be delicious with some ice cream or double cream but alas I had neither of those things to hand, it is still delicious eaten on its own.

So there you have it, super simple and a tasty treat....happy baking!

Till next time xo





No comments:

Post a Comment