Monday 16 September 2013

Almost a milestone...

Only 2 posts away from 100 posts, I know that's not terribly exciting for anyone other than me but I still thought I would share. I wish I knew what you guys thought of my humble musings and what you think I could do to improve and build upon this blog. I crave feedback and would love some interaction, don't be shy (or post anonymously)...tell me your thoughts :) I promise not to get offended by any constructive criticism.

I watched enviously over the last week on instagram a whole heap of cool peeps who were attending the pro blogger event here on the GC. I only heard about it at the last minute but wouldn't have been able to attend anyway due to kids and lack of funds. But gee did it look awesome, oh I could have learned so much. I am very much a beginner in the scheme of things and would love to learn more. I get incredibly insecure about my posts and that I may be boring you all. I hardly lead a glamorous life but then again I also think part of the appeal is the fact that I am just an everyday mum and maybe you can relate.

So I decided to pull the plug on taking the kids to the Sunshine Coast to watch their dad take part in the Stampede. It would have been too much for one day, 2 hours there 3 hours spectating followed by 2 hours home again. Having to keep them entertained for that period of time was too much for this little black duck to endure. I'm glad I made that choice as it was a hot day Saturday and there was apparently bugger all shade there. Also have to mention that I'm incredibly proud of hubby for completing it, champion effort.

Sunday was another gorgeous day and we went to breakfast at BSKT cafe in Nobby's (delish, although as families with little ones will know...when you have to wait awhile for food to come out it can be difficult). We then met some friends at the beach afterwards, it was our daughters first proper time at the beach and she loved it...much sand was consumed, gross. I also enjoyed building sandcastles with my son and then he took great delight in destroying them.

Also have seen a couple of posts today about it only being 100 days until Christmas! Wow, where has the time gone?! It is less than 3 months till my daughter turns one, crazy. What's even crazier is that she took her tentative first steps last weekend (at 9 months) and can now take up to 4 steps at a time, she'll be running around before I know it...my baby is growing up.

Hope everyone else had an awesome weekend.

Till next time xo

No comments:

Post a Comment