Tuesday 26 November 2013

Snail Mail Love

I have recently discovered the 'snail mail revolution', otherwise known as penpals and I am loving it, such a great way to get creative and get to know some awesome people. I have always been a bit stationery obsessed and love a chance to get crafty and use cute stickers and pretty washi tape and what not. I consider myself to be on the creative side, but you should see just how incredibly talented some people are though. There is one blog/person that I follow who inspired me to get into it in the first place. Rin of Papered Thoughts, you should check out her blog http://paperedthoughts.blogspot.com.au/, maybe it will inspire you too.

My 20 year old niece said it was boring so maybe it is still considered a bit daggy to the younger generation but I am really enjoying it. I don't care if it's not the cool/in thing, I like it...I tend to dance to the beat of my own drum anyways ;)

Today I was craving something sweet and there wasn't anything in the house so I decided to whip up some cupcakes, they were delish if I do say so myself...really fluffy and moist. I rather enjoy baking but I try not to do it all the time because I eat the end product and too much of a good thing is never good. Especially now that I am no longer breastfeeding, that was my saviour for losing the baby weight. I'm not burning those extra calories now so will have to start reigning in my eating habits, I really ought to do some form of exercise...I've been so lazy. Maybe since we are so close to the new year and what with so much indulgence coming up, I will try and start fresh in the new year.

Do you guys have New Years Resolutions? I try not to really make any promises, most people never keep them anyway. I don't smoke, barely drink...I don't really have any vices that I need to quit (unless you count biting your nails, shocker), I guess it is more little goals that I would like to achieve, hopes and things for the year. I'm not really sure just yet what I want my goals to be next year, it all seems so uncertain at this point...who knows whats in store.

Oh I know one thing, I would like to learn how to sew properly...I got a sewing machine this year and I have made little crafty things here and there but I'm yet to try and make some clothes on my own. I want to figure it out and start using it more.

It's funny how the older you get the more you get in to all those things you considered a bit nana 'ish when you were younger. Sewing, Baking, Crocheting/Knitting (need to learn those too)/Gardening...yup, totally getting older.

I am hanging for the 1st Dec so I can put the Christmas tree up and decorate the house all christmassy (love all that stuff), I am torn between sticking with the tradition I started for myself of putting it all up on the 1st or in my impatience just saying to hell with it and do it already. I am having a mental to and fro with myself...ha

Nearly time to pick the boy up from kindy, he will be most pleased to discover that mummy did some baking today :)

Much Love,

K xx


No comments:

Post a Comment