Monday 19 May 2014

Time flies when you're having fun...or you have kids & then it really flies!

Whoops, as usual here I am again apologising for my absence.

I don't think there's too many of you to let down though so I don't feel too guilty about it, ha. But for those of you that have missed me, I am sorry.

Life has been busy, kids have been a handful. There are days when I question my sanity, why did I decide to become a mother again. We all have those days now and again, it's just that the mothering community tend not to say it out loud and certainly not to others.

I love my kids, they are my world...they just like to send me bat sh*t crazy on a semi-regular basis which makes me reminisce about life before kids. Ahhh, when I could be selfish and irresponsible and spend my disposable income on myself. We made the choice to have kids though, and I was fully aware that life would become about them. I don't regret my decision at all. I think having children is the most rewarding thing I have ever done and the love I feel for them is far greater than anything else.

I sound a bit contradictory I suppose, but I'm just being honest. It is probably the hardest job I have ever had. Raising children is not a walk in the park, they are bloody hard work. But when you teach them something and they get it, gosh you are proud. When they use their manners and say something really sweet to you, you can't help but think...I made that (with the help of hubby of course). Although he'll be the first to tell you that I blame him for all their less sweet attributes, I totally do. ha

I'm not really sure how this post turned in to a bit of a rant, oh hang on a minute...now I know why I am such a cranky b*tch, it's that time of the month (which came a week early and didn't help my dark mood).

I feel like I should try and turn it around and end with something nice, that makes me happy.

I was having cuddles with my son the other day and he turned to me and said 'you smell nice' and that simple compliment made my heart sing.

In closing, they are worth it.

Have a good one.
 photo blogpostsignature_zps2599dc0e.png

No comments:

Post a Comment